Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ice Hotel

Ice Hotel
Ice Hotel
For more than two centuries, ice palaces were popular in Russia and then later in north America but the fashion was short lived. Now ice hotels are catching on. Grabrielle walker reports from sweden on this unusual but fast-growing tourist destination.when Yngve Bergqvist decided to build an igloo to showcase native Sami art. After a few tourists enquired about staying the night, Yngve saw the potential, and shortly after the ice hotel was born.

Along with the original ice hotel in Sweden, there are numerous other locations that have recreated the authentic ice hotel, each offering their own twist. Some of the most notable of which are covered below

Sweden

The ice hotel at Jukka is the original and possibly the best, at least in terms of “things to do”, with a range of safari treks and artic trails on offer.

The Swedish ice hotel has a notably large range of accommodation.
For instance, for those wishing to sleep somewhere a little warmer, there are the luxurious “Aurora Houses”. The skylight in each house makes it possible to fall asleep under the famous Northern Lights.

Norway

If location and remoteness is what you are looking for, then Norway is the perfect option. The ice hotel situated in Kirkenes is a staggering 1,550 miles from Oslo, so you’d be hard stretched to find another ice hotel as remote!

The ice hotel here is essentially a smaller version of Sweden’s, with a couple of suites, ice sculptures and an ice chapel.

9 comments:

  1. Making a career in hospitality industry is very challenging.Because it needs knowledge skill and attitude.The hotel shown in this pic is just cool and irresistible.
    Thanks
    -----------
    School Of Hospitality

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an exciting experience!/Hilarious! Delightful! True!
    catering equipment

    ReplyDelete
  3. good site...carry on..........
    http://topfashionblog4pk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much....all ..for your nice comment..and some suggestion

    ReplyDelete
  5. The benefits of a hospitality management company are enormous. Even during financially difficult times a hospitality management company can bring in more revenue for your business because of the quality of services they provide.

    Bryce Canyon Restaurant and Hotel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you Restaurant Consulting Services

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete